SAP S/4HANA by Bernhardt Fashion.
Company website: http://www.bernhardt.cz/
The company Bernhardt Fashion CZ, s.r.o. (BFCZ) is dedicated to luxury tailor-made fashion sewing (Made-to-Measure = MTM) for demanding clients in 40 countries on 5 continents with about 800 Point-of-Sales.
What does it mean Made-to-Measure (MTM)?„Made-to-Measure “, in other words, means that each product is an original. Choosing the fabrics, measuring the customer, colouring options or cutting patterns will allow you to create your “own” design.
Through the unique MTM system (ordering IS), data are sent to the ERP system and the clothing is entered to production. The manufacturing takes place in the Czech Republic. They produce 300 products/pieces a day on average with delivery time of 3-4 weeks or shorter (the „express“ service guarantees a 1 week delivery and „super express“delivery up to 2 days). However, the production of men's and ladies' suits by their unique MTM method needs adequate support of the information and digital ecosystem.
BFCZ decided to ensure customer requirements/Point-of-Sales, to simplify processes and to unify internal IS by global reengineering of all enterprise processes with brand new technologies based on SAP products.
The target of BFCZ sponsors and managers was a completely new and global multi-language ecosystem available 24/7 which will enable:
- Entering WEB orders with max. support of Point-of-Sales
- Processing orders for production
- Support of efficient management production, procurement, logistics, and finance in real-time
BFCZ chose the collaboration with MIBCON Group for SAP S/4HANA Enterprise Management („S/4H“) and SAP Hybris Commerce („yC“) implementation.
BFCZ sponsors and managers initiated the project, supported and motivated the implementation team members and staff during the project realization.
The key indicators of success were defined as:
- Know-how (PPn – historical custom code in ABAP for unique processes) will be transferred to the new system
- All back-office processes will be functional, modernized and will cover Czech legal specialities
- B2B portal with modern UX, powerful for partners/Point-of-Sales and integrated on-line to the central ERP solution (both side communication)
The project was divided into 2 streams in the Business Blueprint phase and was managed separately since then:
- Finance, logistics and production (SAP S/4HANA 1709 implementation) – Go Live
- Sales and order portal (SAP Commerce implementation) – in progress
SAP S/4HANA project implementation lasted from 01/2018 to Go-Live 7.1.2019.
One of the main steps of the project was the replacement of 2 ERP systems (IFS AMF Reece and SAP ERP 4.6 Bernhardt Fashion) with a new and only SAP S/4HANA 1709 IS with the migration of BFCZ's unique development into this new system.
The BFCZ landscape and architecture schemes are described below – before (01/2018) and after project (2019).
Before the project
After the project
The company BFCZ has a „family“ atmosphere and all participants of the project perceived the project as crucial to the continual improvement of the company. Therefore, they devoted a lot of effort to fulfilling their project tasks, the collaboration with the MIBCON team and achieving milestones that they considered as a question of a company prestige.
The BFCZ has its own experienced team of consultants and programmers, who have been significantly involved in the implementation of the project. The project was co-financed by EU funds. During each phase of the project it was necessary to prepare reporting and outputs to document the drawing of EU funds. The project implementation was managed by ASAP project methodology with occasional agile approach, if necessary, in chosen tasks and phases.
Benefits of the “new“ SAP S/4HANA System:
- PPn functionality migration – migrated and working in new solution with system adjustments for SAP S/4HANA system.
- Faster and smoother goods expedition – reduction of administration and documentation for goods export - 50% workforce saving. The whole expedition process has been optimized and accelerated. Savings for transport services are 20-40% depending on the case.
- Billing simplification and speed up – billing to the business partners is provided only electronically and directly from SAP S/4HANA (previously, the invoices were published through additional international subject).
- Receivables management – possibility of blocking the deliveries until invoices are paid and customers will be automatically noticed when BFCZ will have any receivables.
- Goods inbound to the warehouse – in the previous IS it was necessary to take the products to the warehouse individually, each piece separately. Now the system carries the product information as a complete set and can be loaded by one click. This feature has reduced the inbound time by almost 70 %.
- Faster decision-making process, real-time data analysis – possibility to report results and financial statements immediately with no delay (previously this could take days).
BFCZ expects the further benefits after the completion of the second stream of the project in the sales, ordering and customer service.